The API2Cart plugins are intended to make it easier to add stores based on open-source shopping carts like Magento, WooCommerce, PrestaShop, and CS-Cart. They automatically install a connection bridge to the root folder of the store thus excluding the inconveniences that the process usually entails.
In particular, using the plugin resolves a couple of issues for both software vendors and their clients:
- Vendors do not need to ask store owners for their FTP credentials.
- Store owners avoid the inconvenience of begrudgingly sharing their access information.
- The security of the FTP credentials remains absolute as they do not leave the private admin surrounding of the store.
- Either the vendor or the store owner does not have to grope for the right folder to insert the bridge.
The plugins are organized blank and white label, which means that vendors can modify them with their logos and additional specified functionality to present as native code module. They can also list and promote them on relevant directories and marketplaces.
How the API2Cart plugins work
- A store owner installs the plugin.
- They press Connect and the system automatically generates a store key.
- The store owner passes the key to the software vendor.
- The vendor system identifies the user account and sends an account.cart.add API call to API2Cart.
- The store is connected.
Recommendations on plugins for hosted shopping platforms
With hosted platforms, you do not need to install a bridge to add a store. Instead of FTP credentials, you use different parameters that are specific for each shopping cart. This makes developing a plugin for hosted shopping carts much easier.
After developing the plugin, you will receive an accessToken that you should pass on to API2Cart so that stores could get added automatically.
Plugin installation guides
Installing API2Cart plugins on your customers’ stores is easy as 1-2-3. These video guides show few simple steps store owners do to get the plugin installed.
PrestaShop Plugin Installation
OpenCart Plugin Installation
WooCommerce Plugin Installation
Magento 1 Plugin Installation